ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. The brand is known for inspiring people to be the best versions of themselves anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to use technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Pelotons values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
Operate with a Bias for Action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast & learn from past failures.
Empower Teams of Smart Creatives - Hire the best & get out of the way. Think & act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy & creative.
Together We Go Far - Build a diverse & inclusive community. Uphold the obligationn to dissent & listen. Presume trust & be transparent.
The Vice President, Global Brand & Strategic Marketing manages a team & collaborates closely with a broad set of internal & external partners that collectively develops & oversees global brand strategies & campaigns that deliver against Pelotons strategic priorities.
The position reports to Pelotons SVP, Head of Global Marketing & Communications.
- Position Pelotons global brand to drive impactful outcomes that deliver against our brand, product & business objectives, driving preference for Peloton & increasing demand for Pelotons products.
- Drive Pelotons brand strategy & expression across all marketing campaigns & touch-points, including naming & positioning.
- Oversee the strategy & development of brand campaigns & moments.
- Lead evolution of Peloton brand to drive growth & international expansion.
- Partner with the Creative team on the strategy & execution of branding for physical & digital commerce.
- Oversee the Strategic Marketing team & the development of marketing programs & partnerships that tell the Peloton story in exciting new ways through sports, music, entertainment, & more.
- Enable success of strategic marketing programs by designing a global growth strategy, & creating an efficient & effective operating environment.
- Oversee brand governance, operations & planning functions for local marketing, retail marketing, studio marketing, & social impact & cultural marketing.
- Significant (15+ years) work experience in brand strategy, planning & marketing in global B2C organizations
- Track record of thought leadership & vision around brand strategy & evolution balancing vision, creativity & business outcomes
- Track record of delivering measurable outcomes for multinational organizations
- Ability to inspire peak performance of direct teams & internal partners
- Proven ability to manage & lead teams toward common goals. Highly collaborative, a great listener, & able to work across regions & geographies with peers & executive teams to drive action & results.
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship management/building skills
- Outstanding communication skills across all audiences
- Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies a plus
- Thirst for ongoing learning & adaptation; curiosity & openness to new ideas & diverse points of view
- Ability to operate at both a strategic & execution level; ideate & directly execute
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn & grow & team player.
The role is preferably based in New York City with some flexibility for the right candidate.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.