Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilisation & storytelling to help the leading organisations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an Associate Digital Campaign Director with a commitment to our mission to join our internationally diverse Digital Campaigns team.
Associate Directors play a leadership role on our team, lead campaign projects, collaborate with our creative campaigning team, manage partners, & contribute to the development of the wider Campaign team.
You should have approximately 8+ years work experience, including several years managing multidisciplinary teams & complex projects, proficiency with creating digital strategy across all major platforms, & serving as a key representative with clients & stakeholders, including key staff of major foundations, NGOs, & corporations. You should have a demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organising & advocacy & the ability to center equity & inclusion across your teams & deliverables.
We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
The role is full time, at the Associate Director tier, & reports to the Digital Campaign Director. The salary band for this role is $85K - $105K / 61K - 71K, commensurate with experience + benefits & a generous PTO policy & flexible working arrangements.
The position can be based in either Purposes New York or London office. We are working within a remote/hybrid model at the moment. We are open to candidates based in & around London & New York.
- DIGITAL CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND INNOVATION
- Lead on the development & execution of multi-channel, multi-region campaigns that demonstrate best in class use of platforms to achieve high-level goals
- Work with team members to build, test & launch digital products, content & messaging, ensuring we remain sector-leading & innovative
- Create & lead on organic & paid media strategies, that leverage a high-level of knowledge of how to engage target audiences in a variety of desired actions
- Lead the development of new ways to engage new audiences through a thorough understanding of key entry points & working with the team to surface opportunities presented by research
- Provide decision making support, oversight & troubleshooting capacity on a number of campaigns being executed simultaneously
- Play a role in the development & constant refinement of our model of acceleration & creation, demonstrating a robust understanding of how to use data analytics, technology & tools to articulate our impact
- Think both creatively & analytically to push our projects towards bold, evidence-based campaigning
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of digital & social media channels, including Meta, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google & other programmatic networks. TikTok experience especially valuable.
- Experience managing developers & third party agencies
- CAPACITY BUILDING & MANAGEMENT
- Lead & manage opportunities for developing & building the Digital Campaigns function in collaboration with the Global Digital Campaign Director
- Manage partnerships with platforms & tools to increase our effectiveness
- Engage the wider organisation by sharing digital insights & tools to increase awareness of capabilities
- Deputise for the Digital Campaign Director where appropriate
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Provide specialist support for business development opportunities
- DEVELOPMENT, FEEDBACK & COACHING / Manages multiple PD reports with their long-term career in mind, ensuring theyre learning & excelling in their craft; develops their PDs' skills as managers; proactively seeks unofficial mentorship opportunities; & creates an open environment for two-way feedback.
- PRODUCTIVITY & SELF-ACCOUNTABILITY / Sets the standard & models leadership on internal & external projects through strong expectation management, direction & delegation; & fosters ownership & commitment in others.
- CULTURE, CONDUCT, COLLABORATION / Sets expectations & holds self & others accountable to Purpose standards; & supports & guides others in maintaining positive & respectful relationships, particularly during times of conflict/change.
- 7+ years work experience, including several years managing multidisciplinary teams & complex projects
- Digital campaign, media or communications background, ideally from a leading consultancy/agency or non-profit advocacy organisation, serving as a key representative with clients & stakeholders, including staff of major foundations, NGOs, & corporations, with a demonstrated track record leading complex projects with multidisciplinary teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing large-scale digital campaigns from concept through execution, including developing & executing campaigns across channels, including earned & paid media, content-led strategies, & direct action
- Experience running iterative, agile, and/or lean campaigns that emphasize experimentation & scaling of success, ideally within a technology context
- Established relationships with key advocacy organisations, including experience working in partnership
- Background in political advocacy, organising, digital marketing, public policy, or related field
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- High bar for quality, rigour, & integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues'
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organising & advocacy
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.