Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As our Director of Engineering, Platform, your leadership will drive innovation & scale across our infrastructure, tooling & platform & data services. A pivotal role in the future of our technology, you will be responsible for building the vision & leading the teams in delivering a platform that scales to support growth, adopts industry best practices & leverages automation across the stack.
What youll do:
- Drive the cloud strategy across our non-production, production & data environments.
- Lead the teams through planning & executing the automation & orchestration of our developer workflow in the cloud.
- Drive cross-functional platform strategy discussions with the product engineering teams.
- Lead the teams supporting both our own infrastructure & our cloud infrastructure through growth & transition.
- Drive product data platform strategy across our product ecosystem.
- Lead the Platform Services team through identifying, building & maintaining services to support our products for users & customers.
- You will monitor & improve platform performance, using industry best practices & new technologies to creatively solve problems.
What youll need to have:
- 5+ years in a similar role with experience in both on-premise & cloud-hosted infrastructure, tooling & SaaS products.
- 15+ years in infrastructure, tooling & platform engineering.
- Ideally experience in Azure, .Net applications & cloud migrations.
- An understanding of Stack Overflow & other Stack Exchange network sites
- Ability to make decisions at high velocity.
- A passion for helping teams work more productively as well as experience with change management.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.