Ripple is the worlds only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated & flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates & digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly & we are looking for a results-oriented engineer to help build the next generation payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripples distributed financial technology outperforms todays banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds & delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing & delivery.
The Staff Software Engineer will help lead the design of the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripples distributed financial technology outperforms todays banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds & delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing & delivery. As Ripples customer base grows globally, the Staff Engineer will help drive the move to a highly available cloud deployment, processing fast & resilient payments.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Build enterprise, distributed payment applications that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems & implement them for on premise & cloud deployments & use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment & continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership & share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing & driving best practices for coding, testing, & deployment
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java, & 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability & security
- Eagerness to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage & drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude & a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar