ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Making data-driven decisions to enhance the customer experience & drive business outcomes is at the heart of everything FanDuel does, the VP of Data Engineering will be responsible for defining the strategy for our data engineering vertical in managing, transforming & making data available to all stakeholder groups throughout FanDuel & owning the data platform from end-to-end including the data lake, data warehouse & advanced analytics platforms.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Define & communicate the data engineering & data warehouse strategy to meet the needs of the business as it scales over the next 2-3 years
- Lead the data engineering & data warehouse delivery teams to build high quality, performant solutions that ensure stakeholder groups have access to the data they need to drive customer & business outcomes
- Put in place the right organizational structure to support the strategy & ensure teams can deliver predictably, at pace & to high quality
- Identify risks & issues & put in place mechanisms to address those & drive continuous improvement & operational excellence
- Identify opportunities for new approaches & new technologies that can deliver relevant data, faster to the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, commercial insights, risk & trading, marketing, customer service, finance & operations to define & build data-informed business strategy & roadmaps
- Manage a highly qualified team of 30 across multiple office locations & continents. Expectation will be to double the team in size quickly while not sacrificing quality or pace of output.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Must be able to lead a team with a diverse set of skill sets including software engineers, database engineers, architects & product managers
- A minimum of 10-15+ years experience of leadership positions with a focus on data strategy of company, CTO experience is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in creating a culture of inclusion, ownership & accountability through role modelling company principles
- Track record in being able to inspire people & teams by creating compelling visions for the future
- Accomplished in scaling teams, managing multiple geographic locations & inspiring a team to deliver high quality projects at startup pace
- Deep technical domain knowledge & have the ability to roll up sleeves to teach & develop team members
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms & managed services, Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing (e.g. Redshift), analytics tools, data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker) & machine learning capabilities (such as Sagemaker, DataBricks)
- Experience in supporting your managers to identify, develop & grow talent.
- Be a thought leader & evangelist of data platforms & technologies to drive adoption & knowledge at all levels of the organization
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.