Platform Security Engineer
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, & scalable web apps, mobile apps, & platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide & support transparent & automated security tooling & services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, & work with teams to remediate & protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments & drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Enable autonomy for engineers via safe-by-default tooling, & ensure engineering velocity is maintained by automating security requirements & building guardrails
- Design, build, & automate the security hardening, security mechanisms, & processes for the application platform across IAM, Compute, Storage, Secrets Management & PKI, Network, & Deploy
- Perform security architecture reviews, vulnerability assessments, & threat modeling for the application platform
- Evaluate new features, processes, tooling, & services that may be integrated within our cloud environments
- Drive telemetry & vulnerability taxonomy across the entire Product & Engineering Platform.
Who you are:
- You are empathetic & accountable while helping contribute to improving our security program & continuing to build our customers trust
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security & leverage automation whenever possible
- Demonstrated experience performing security reviews, validation, & implementation to cloud & serverless infrastructure
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- Enjoy collaborating with teams & performing threat modeling exercises & help design secure cloud network & infrastructure architecture
- Desire to grow & solve new challenges as Compass architecture rapidly evolves
- Knowledge of Linux OS, containerization, & orchestration technology such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Comfortable teaching & leading development teams toward better security outcomes
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!