VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly & daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & a newly launched TV network, VICELAND.
This role leads the sales efforts of one of VICEs biggest growth areas in 2019. You represent the VICE portfolio of experiential offerings, both locally & nationally, working to maximize sales while building strong, enduring relationships with key contacts. Internally, you will champion the Villain brand & help extend Villain core offerings into the VICE ecosystem & help extend VICE programs into Villain when possible.
- Responsible for the Villain annual sales target as well as experiential component of VICEs US business
- Develop robust experiential sales pipeline that meets & fulfills the revenue targets & margin profiles for this line of the VICE business
- Manage an in-market sales team member
- Serve as liaison between internal VICE Sales + Marketing teams & Villain producers to facilitate strong internal communication & enhance flawless executions of both sponsor & white label activations
- Create product offerings of Villain experiential for direct sales of the venue, extensions into VICE & VICE brand extensions into Villain
- Own the sales collateral direction, communication & distribution of Villain experiential offerings
- Assist in creation & execution of internal Villain events as needed
- Work with Villain staff to secure rates that enhance budgets & makes it easier for sales team to include on digital plans.
- Internal conduit for information & ticketing options for planned Villain events, providing options for the VICE+ sales team entertain guests & clients
- Strengthen VICEs experiential offerings in market by representing the team in internal & external client meetings
- Deep dive into category & competitive research to up level current offerings & develop new offerings
- Maintain constant knowledge of industry news, current trends & integrated marketing strategies, events & stunts
- 7-10 years of sales experience with at least 2-3 years of selling experiential, fabrication & event management services
- Established relationships with experiential agencies & key contacts in the industry
- Demonstrated pattern of progression in taking on more responsibility
- Sound business & operational judgement paired with appreciation for journalism values
- Deep interest in evolving media space & eagerness to develop innovative paths toward success
- Enthusiasm for teamwork & commitment to integrity & honesty
- Ability to thrive in challenging & unstructured environments
- Three solid references that work for or have experience within experiential sales
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.