Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
We are currently growing our Information Security team in order to protect & scale our enterprise as well as meet ongoing compliance requirements. Our team works closely with IT, Infrastructure, & Engineering to ensure the security posture of mission critical production environments, build security into the software development life-cycle, as well as deploy & maintain security tooling & processes.
About the Job:
The Senior Security Engineer will report directly to the VP, IT, Security & Compliance & will be a driving force in setting the security & compliance roadmap for the organization. You will be responsible for hands-on design, engineering, configuration & integration of security solutions that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, & non-repudiation to meet stated security & compliance objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the head of security to understand goals & determine security & compliance requirements
- Drive the selection, POC, implementation & operational deployment of new security technology solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity & availability of business data
- Design & implement application, network, & data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate & regulatory requirements
- Partner with engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery & deployment processes
- Maintain & improve the existing security tool sets; including Splunk & SIEM technologies
- Generate & document operational processes, procedures, & metrics
- Cyber incidents identification & activation of incident response procedures
- Build strong relationships with RTRs cross functional teams & cultivate a culture of security awareness & ownership
- 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership within the security domain, including managing delivery of complex projects, mentoring, acting as a role model for other engineers & evaluating complex tradeoffs & priorities
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or cybersecurity with 3+ years of programming experience with various languages like Java, C#, Python, C++, Go, Scala
- Understanding of Software Security Architecture & Design, SDLC & the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Experience in DevOps environments & automating security controls into the CI/CD process
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools & knowledge of technologies like containers like Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience in configuration & maintenance of Splunk as a SIEM
- Strong knowledge of web applications security practices
- Professional certifications in information security management, such as a CISSP or CISM
- Strong familiarity with information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, CIS, or ISO) & experience architecting solutions to meet compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDRP, CCPA)
- Ability to formulate a clear & actionable plan & execute against it
- Can successfully work in a fast paced, agile environment
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.