Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about supporting people & making sure our teams are strategic & thoughtful about enabling & developing their talent to drive performance.
As a Senior People Business Partner, you will act as a key strategic partner to multiple departments, working to grow people programming, tools, & strategic insights to develop & deliver value to both our technical & non technical teams. You will be a resource to our leadership team, people managers & employees alike, helping drive effective & impactful operations & employee engagement. Youll be charged with handling both day-to-day ER issues as well as strategic talent & compensation planning activities. And finally, youll be instrumental in scaling our growing company, championing our values & ensuring that DigitalOcean remains a great place to work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with the People team, functioning as an advocate, resource, & frontline for your client groups.
- Leverage an analytical mindset to drive thoughtful workforce planning & serve as a strategic partner both internally to the people team & externally to your clients.
- Play an instrumental role in building our high performance culture by ensuring that all DO employees are receiving the support they need to perform at their full potential.
- Offering guidance to tech leadership in the following areas: talent planning, performance management, compensation planning, employee relations & talent development
- Acting as a liaison with our Recruiting, OrgDev, & People Operations teams to ensure proper delivery & impact of programs
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience as a Senior HR business partner, ideally in a technology organization that has experienced massive growth. You should be able to understand the operational areas of the business so that you can help our managers & leaders with complex challenges, & give guidance on People topics.
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation, performance feedback, HR compliance, & professional growth & development initiatives.
- Ability to work proactively in addressing people related opportunities & getting ahead of people challenges faced by our business.
- Passion for change management & guiding our business through ambiguity & constant evolution / iteration.
- The ability to effectively translate metrics & data into actionable strategy.
- Technical curiosity & knowledge of emerging best practice trends in HR products & services.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels & understand their needs.
- A friendly & approachable communication style where both ICs & managers are comfortable confiding in you.
- A belief in a People-first approach to building teams & driving effective performance across the organization.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!