Build the People Ops org here at Flexport
Flexport is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on generalist to support all day-to-day HR operations & global people programs. Reporting to the Director, People Operations, you will act as the face of HR & be responsible for supporting Flexports new hire on-boarding & off-boarding processes, demonstrating thoughtful communication & detailed record-keeping. You will own your own projects, & be actively involved with all parts of the business on a daily basis, working cross functionally with other teams & handling highly confidential information. Finally, & most importantly, you seek to continually improve processes & performance to be more scalable & efficient, & to better serve the Flexport team globally.
This role is ideal for someone with some experience in human resources who is looking to grow their career by learning to support a variety of human resources disciplines. To thrive in this role, you must enjoy a relentless pursuit of quality service, process efficiency, rapid scale, & automation.
- Act as a secondary point of contact for escalations & provide excellent customer service for a wide range of questions covering topics like benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, & leaves of absences
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within our HRIS system, including employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, leaves of absence.
- Provide thought partnership to our internal stakeholders (compensation, immigration, compliance, payroll, IT, recruiting, benefits) by becoming subject matter expertise on all people ops related matters. Guiding conversations from a people ops perspective.
- Document & continuously improve all People Operations related employee resources to ensure that we focus on the employee empowerment & experience
- Participate in new Workday User Acceptance functionality testing.
- Identify areas of improvement & automation opportunities.
- Communicate recommendations on initiatives & influence stakeholders through data & thoughtful interpretation of findings
You should have:
- At least 3-5 years experience as an HR/People Ops Associate or Generalist, preferably in a startup or rapid growth company
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 3 years experience managing transactions in Workday HRIS is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize a high volume of concurrent tasks & responsibilities
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Thorough research skills coupled with the ability to clearly & concisely present information & recommendations
- Proactive thought leader who can automate & streamline processes to allow for efficient company & team growth
- Demonstrated experience building cross-functional relationships across an organization
- Attentive listener, demonstrating clear, patient, & empathetic communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or G-Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.