Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox Media is seeking an extraordinarily talented Producer/Director to join the video team that creates content for Eater.com.
The ideal candidate is a highly proficient shooter, editor, & story producer in both field & post production. Producers at Eater work across many projects & departments; our ideal candidate can balance deadlines & enjoys working on a team. Passion for food, restaurants, culture, & the people & places in the industry that make it all happen is a plus.
What youll do:
- Balance the work of a variety of shoots/series, edits, & daily deliveries
- Work closely with other producers, editorial & video team members to deliver the highest quality content possible
- Participate in pitch/brainstorms & bringing new ideas to the table
- Produce/direct & talent manage on location
- Read Eaters sites every day with an eye for both content & development
What youll bring:
- 4-5 years of professional experience in directing, shooting, & editing
- High-end shooting capability & excellent understanding of field production equipment/cameras ( Canon C100/300, Canon 5DMKIII. 4K is a plus).
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere
- Proficiency to excellent in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Motion graphics design & animation experience a plus
- Strong interest in all of Eater coverage areas
- Strong storytelling capabilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- A true team player who brings passion to the table
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.