The Process Development Team breathes life into hyperloop sub-systems, turning hyperloop design dreams into cold, hard reality. The team serves as a cross-functional bridge within the company, enabling the development & production of real hyperloop hardware. From early prototyping to mass production, Process Development Engineers work together with Design Engineers, Project Managers, Test Engineers, & when applicable, external partners to bring innovative design concepts to physical fruition.
As the Process Development Engineer, you will:
- Work daily with hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements & development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace
- Perform the following alongside a Lead Process Development Engineer:
- Provide & develop subject matter expertise on fabrication, assembly, & installation of hyperloop sub-systems
- Work with the internal Engineering Project Management Office to develop & maintain a project schedule for assigned projects
- Research & report total process costs for various design trades including raw materials, cycle time, outside vendors, capital & tooling investments, facility requirements, direct & indirect labor & logistics costs
- Gather & report sufficiently detailed information for make vs. buy decisions
- Work directly with procurement to evaluate outside vendors for capability & supply chain suitability
- Write standard operation procedures, manuals & safety documentation for manufacturing processes
- Utilize 2D/3D CAD software to communicate concepts, design basic development fixtures & equipment, & manufacturing process layouts
A new graduate engineer who has experience building hardware (mechanical, structural, electrical) & who intuitively understands hardware assembly. You're able to chart a path forward through ambiguity & lack of definition. You're articulate & can relate to people at all levels of an organization & possesses excellent skills in the following: communication, organization, spatial imagination, mechanical assembly & judgment.You're self-directed & a true team player!
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing techniques & methodologies
- Ability to interpret & complex part & assembly drawings
- Ability to make effective decisions & communicate reasoning
- B.S. or higher in a related Engineering field
- Hands-on project experience in a university setting (Hyperloop, Formula/Baha SAE team, Concrete Canoe, Chem-E-Car, rocket team, etc.)
- 0-2+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Typical manufacturing methods, process, capabilities, & limitations
- Manufacturing and/or integration of large complex machinery & assemblies
- High volume manufacturing production
- Low volume prototyping methods
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Ban the Box legislation.We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored & processed, pleaseclick here.
To all recruitment agencies:Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.