About the right team member:
Youre excited about a career in data-driven digital marketing with a fast-growing company. You have a passion for creating a great customer experience through email, push & other marketing channels. You have a tendency to sign up for email subscriptions despite your overflowing inbox simply because you dont want to miss a great email campaign. You love to learn, are always curious, & have an extreme eye for detail. You are resourceful & have a track record of getting stuff done.
As part of a team, youll work with the highest engagement marketing channel. You will build drip email & push marketing campaigns & product communications across our retail & 401(k) business. You will work closely with various teams to set up & monitor segmented & personalized email communication with our 400,000+ customers.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Support & maintain customer-centric campaigns across the entire customer lifecycle, including lead nurture, onboarding, & retention
- Collaborate with marketing managers, copywriters, & designers to create new emails explaining the Betterment product
- Iterate on existing emails to test different messaging
- Explore & implement new strategies for customer retention through email & push
- Own & execute email & push campaigns
- Set up A/B tests for new email & push campaigns to determine incremental lift
- Build targeted, personalized drip campaigns on our CRM platform
- Perform rigorous quality assurance testing & proofing to ensure there are no errors
- Monitor the system daily & fix problems as they crop up, occasionally working with engineering teams to solve these problems
You will be effective if you have:
- 1-3+ years of experience in a marketing role (preferably in retention)
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- An ability to think creatively about how to approach problems
- An understanding of the customer voice & customer needs
- Experience collaborating well with other teams, including internal departments & third-party vendors
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools & develop new skills as needed
- Prior experience working with an ESP (e.g. ExactTarget, MailChimp, SendGrid, or other)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with HTML & CSS in email
- SQL skills
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills (vlookup & pivot tables!)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business.Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.