Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will actively engage & lead strategic sales engagements to drive both the technical & business value to build win.
Impact Youll Own:
- Build & deliver presentations & product demonstrations highlighting technical capabilities of Planets platform & our ability to fulfill customers business needs.
- Create relationships with customers technical & management staff as a trusted advisor to their business.
- Act as an advisor to the customer to recommend a solutions architecture that fits their business challenges
- Respond to tenders, RFIs, RFPs, proposals with respect to product/solution information.
- Work with internal sales teams to determine account development plans & execute a strategy to engage customers & prospects.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product Management, & Business Development to act as the voice of the customer
- Attain quarterly & annual sales & operational objectives assigned by management.
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies & industries.
- Interface with all Pre-Sales Engineers globally, building a community to improve the teams technical & sales skills.
- Ability to present to senior executives & to large audiences.
What You Bring:
- 3-5+ years experience in remote sensing or GIS
- Experience using GIS tools (i.e. ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Engine, etc)
- B.S. GIS, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of technical education & work experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing role (i.e sales, pre-sales, customer support, consulting) in Greater China or/and South East Asia region.
- Experience integrating with cloud platforms via REST APIs
- Experience working with satellite remote sensing data
- Bilingual in English & Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates in view of business communications.
Remote (Singapore or Malaysia )
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.