Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of the Support DevOps Engineer will consist of designing, implementing, automating & supporting application build releases, deployments & configurations. Automating security compliance patching & updates in non-production environments. Other responsibilities include performing code & quality reviews, managing operations, triaging & fixing operational & application issues.
- Schedule, implement, & automate security compliance patching & updates on Development & QA servers.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Implement & support Continuous Integration & Deployment Pipelines.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development & implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and
self-healing, & facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- Support, troubleshoot & analyze codeon all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, & continuous integrationand delivery frameworks.
- Provide third level technical support to technical teams within Visa to support the implementation of modifications and/or new solutions.
- Support the implementation of new programs & subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Troubleshoot & conduct root cause analysis to address & resolve issues & keep them from repeating.
- Responsible for daily activities of QA environment. This will include but not be limited to creating test environments on physical & virtual platforms; troubleshooting OS & third party application issues; deploying, installing, configuring proprietary software; monitoring hardware usage & performance as it applies to the environments. Assistingathering of metrics to understand trends, identify anomalies & potential issues.
- Review & document processes & procedures related to all DevOps tasks & development.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 2-4 years previous experience with .NET & Java application development (MS Build, Visual Studio, TFS, Eclipse, etc.).
- 2-4 years previous experience with source control tools (Microsoft's TFVC, GIT, GitHub) & branching strategies.
- 2-4 years previous experience with related DevOps tools (Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, BitBucket, Artifactory, etc.).
- 2-4 years previous experience with automation using scripting languages (PowerShell, Linux/Unix shell, Ruby, Groovy, etc.).
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, certificates, etc.).
- Knowledge of development concepts (Web Services, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving & critical thinking skills, customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently & manage one's time.
- Hands on experience with agile development practices & project tools. (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Must be able to adjust to constant changes in business, technical, & requirements related to the job.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.