Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions & who love the energy of a collaborative team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
You love a challenge. And heres ours: how do we make Gimlet look as good as we sound? Translating what we sound like into unique marketing materials. Were looking for someone who will make our visual & digital design as forward thinking as our audio, & do it across all platforms & at all levels of detail. Our ideal candidate is as comfortable driving design strategy, building a team, implementing company-wide process, & building brand consistency as they are creating show assets & campaigns.
As Gimlets Creative Director/Lead, youll run your own in-house creative shop that touches everything from our website to our show art to our trailers, to our social assets, to our stationary.
The Ideal Candidate:
Youre scrappy, great at time & project management, & unafraid to get your hands dirty when needed. Youre crazy strategic, a fantastic problem solver, & youre great at helping people get on board with your ideas & visions while still incorporating their feedback. Your own creative work sets an extremely high bar, which anyone who works with us will want to aspire to.
What you'll do
- Work alongside some of the most critically acclaimed editorial teams in the business to ensure brand unity across our many titles, while collaborating with show teams to develop their own assets & identities
- Work closely with our business team on everything from sales materials to events signage & collateral
- Oversee consistent implementation of Gimlet branding & individual show identities across all touch points including website, outdoor, digital, etc. This includes asset creation for existing properties & future applications
- Develop identities & art for any new shows & new show properties
- Oversee & manage short-term logistics as well as long-term career development of a team
- Continue to build a solid team as we scale the business.
- Manage several overlapping projects & ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables. Youll be critical in ensuring that all visual projects are on time & on budget
- Manage a network of freelancers to help with bigger & smaller projects along the way
- Work with Spotifys design teams to find efficiencies & ways to work together.
What you have
- Demonstrated experience helping develop & implement brand systems for clients
- 8+ years of experience as a designer with experience in mobile & on the web
- Demonstrated ability to self-organize & self-motivate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & a love of collaborating with other highly creative colleagues
- Experience hiring & managing both in-house designers & freelance designers/illustrators
- Proven ability to think strategically about design & consider all inputs that influence the user experience