As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Issuer Processing Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a highly motivated resourceful candidate that will play a dual role of Release Manager & Project Manager. Our PMO team comprises of highly visible leaders that deliver critical customer facing, & enterprise-class software projects. In this dual role, responsibilities will include collaborating with the Release Manager & Delivery team to manage the maintenance release process to ensure successful deployment of an integrated set of Issuer Processing applications & services to the QA, Certification & Production environments as well as leading Technology projects from initiation to completion.
Our Release Managers:
- Manage the maintenance release process. This includes conducting installation planning & execution to all platforms & environments associated with the maintenance release.
- Identify and/or communicate installation related timing concerns (between different platforms, or for specific tasks), dependencies (between code from different platforms), & risks to the development & operations teams.
- Own & manage the consolidated install plan that describes the order of key install packages, dependencies, & risks.
- Conduct post-installation retrospectives & produce post-production installation reporting.
- Manage the scope of each maintenance release through a change control process.
- Act as liaison between Project Management, Product Development, Business Stakeholders, & Operations organizations.
- Create & maintain the annual Maintenance Release schedule for Issuer Processing.
- Manage all release related processes, continually reviewing & improving the process to ensure fit for purpose.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science degree.
- Solid understanding of release management & project management techniques, including both waterfall & agile methodologies, & best practices.
- Drive projects from concept to implementation by managing day-to-day operational & tactical. aspects of large-scale complex projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Direct release management & project management activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigations, issues, project schedule, & change controls.
- Achieve project delivery goals through effective communication with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including delivery teams, business partners, vendors, & senior management.
- Ensure projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology & controls.
- 3-5 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Excellent verbal & written skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally.
- Ability to analyze & organize a plan based upon available information.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks & ensure successful task completion & influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills & the ability to adapt quickly to effectively manage issues & complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- PMP certification & Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project) as well as project management, reporting, & agile tools including, Tableau, TFS, Rally, JIRA, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, andWiki.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 35 pounds.