Company Description|Job Description
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, & financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, & more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, & advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica's accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability & complexity that result from extreme data.
Kinetica operates with a global footprint & an unprecedented adoption by Global 2000 organizations with venture backing from Great Point Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Canvas Ventures & Citi Ventures.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Kinetica is looking for engineers who have experience & interest in creating low-latency & large-scale distributed data processing systems. You will be working with an expert team of developers with the goal of continuing to improve upon the Kinetica database, our distributed database designed around using GPUs for data processing & visualization.
- Working with product leads to identify needed features & outlining & executing development strategy with development leads.
- Researching potential optimizations & communicating superior technical approaches to the broader team to improve Kinetica.
- Implementing C/C++ algorithms & vital infrastructure to support new features.
- Completing all tasks assigned by development leads in a consistent & timely manner.
- Technical Degree with a strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals.
- At least 5 years of active C/C++ development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, networking, & multi-threading.
- Understanding of how to operate, develop, & debug within a Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of source control management software.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities & solve problems.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience developing highly distributed low latency systems using various messaging systems, i.e., MPI, ZMQ.
- Experience developing internal database components (advanced data structures, query planners/optimizers, transactional data containers, data versioning).
- A deep understanding of Linux, including kernel & userspace interactions.
- Experience with distributed application debugging, profiling, & optimization.
- Experience with C++ frameworks such as Boost, TBB, & Poco.
- Experience programming for GPUs.
- Experience with machine learning.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.