Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Bioinformatics, BioPharma team at Guardant Health is focused on partnerships with leading biotech & pharma companies who are at the forefront of cancer therapeutics & diagnostics. In this role, you will help lead the bioinformatics & data analysis necessary to develop these partnerships.
You will be responsible for the success of BioPharma studies across various research areas. You will work with a number of BioPharma customers, tailor personalized analyses for each company, & tackle some of the most interesting biological & technical questions related to cutting-edge research in the pharmaceutical industry. As a part of the Bioinformatics & BioPharma teams, you will have the opportunity to innovate & implement your ideas to constantly improve our product & analytics so that they are best suited for the changing landscape of BioPharma needs.
You will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, Medical Affairs, Software, Business Development, Technology Development, & Operations. You will gain first-hand experience working with experts in each of these areas to accomplish projects related to Guardant Health's BioPharma business.
You will work together with our collaborators in industry, hospitals & academia on high-impact translational research using Guardant Health tests & publish on your findings. You will have access to the unprecedented compendium of data collected at Guardant Health & you will be able to (and should be excited to!) leverage this data for tumor biology & technological insights.
· 3+ years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry
· Extensive knowledge of cancer genomics & tumor biology
· Expertise in scripting language - R and/or Python & linux shell environment
· Excellent data analysis skills
· Working knowledge of statistical methods
· Awareness & experience with current landscape of bioinformatics tools
· Experience with NGS data
· Great communication & presentation skills, ability to present clearly & effectively to stakeholders across organizations.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment
· Desire & ability to dig deeply through various data types to seek out answers
· Self-starter: you can take a problem at hand & run with it independently, yet are comfortable asking for help when you need it
· Strong team player: ability to work together with your team as well as cross-functionally & even across institutions, to accomplish your goals
PhD in bioinformatics, cancer genomics or related fields, or M.S. plus 6+ years relevant experience