Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, & a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service to each & every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate & collaborative people who really care about what they do & the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, & have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn & be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 & are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team & be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The Senior User Interface Designer will own our entire UI strategy, including driving a holistic refresh of our visual experience. You will work closely with product designers & engineers to improve every facet of our UI, from up-leveling our visual design language & exploring opportunities for interaction design, from driving standards of accessibility to maintaining consistency through our design library.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly & confidently evaluate our existing product in order to highlight opportunities for improved usability, beautiful look & feel, precise visual rhythm, & consistency. You have solid experience with evolving & maintaining design systems & component libraries. Organized & strategic, you know how to drive large-scale redesigns & can help a team of dedicated designers to implement high-impact design solutions throughout a complex Saas platform product. To you, accessibility is a first-principlenot an afterthought. Finally, you must have a keen eye for stunning, clean, eye-catching, & thoughtful design.
You'll be responsible for:
- Strategizing & driving a major overhaul of our platforms interface/look & feel that sets us apart in the Saas platform space
- Developing an inspiring vision of the future while helping teams to make the incremental improvements to get there
- Collaborating seamlessly with other designers as well as engineers to up-level our existing design system/component library, promoting consistency, & improving processes that benefit the whole team
- Identifying key criteria to make our platform accessible, helping drive the whole team to think about accessibility first
- Setting standards for documentation & usage guidelines that make using our design system clear & intuitive
- Delivering complete, consistent results while setting a rigorous schedule for yourself & your peers
- Designing solutions that are accessible, intuitive, clean, & effective to achieve our business goals & meet the needs of users
- You have 4+ years of hands-on UI/IXD design experience, working with well-documented design systems & highly consistent components. Experience designing for B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a definite plus.
- Expertise developing & managing a robust design system and/or library of reusable components
- Experience leading a major redesign project on a desktop product a definite plus
- A portfolio of clean, simple, beautiful designs with internal consistency & attention to detail
- You create elegant, functional designs that live up to pixel-perfect standards
- You think critically about the end users experience & you are capable of providing simple, effective solutions
- You are a problem-solver who can break down complexity into its component parts
- You can communicate your ideas & designs in a clear, concise way that creates buy-in from stakeholders
- You are deeply inquisitive, always asking questions & eager to learn more
- You have a solid work ethic & youre willing to put in the time to make our product great
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.