At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who We Are Looking For:
Our ideal candidate will use data analytics, user research, A/B testing, & iterative development to build intuitive experiences & products that empower educators to teach at their best. In addition to understanding educator needs, you will work closely with product & platform teams across the company, so proactive communication & strong internal stakeholder management is a must.
We look for product managers who understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the team contributing their passion & their ideas. While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable for the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results.
As TpT expands its offerings across content, tools, & community, we are looking for a systems-level product thinker to play a critical role in creating a seamless experience for millions of educators. You will be defining, building & managing systems & surfaces (e.g. login, registration, profiles, account management, resource library) that tie all of our products together & enable us to become a one-stop shop for educators. You are excited by big picture thinking & often spot connections & dependencies before others do, but you also understand individual user needs & can drive a strong product discovery process.
- Set a vision & roadmap to drive large team impact
- Gather requirements from cross-functional product teams that include PMs, designers, engineers, data engineers, & finance/business operations
- Drive effective decisions to build out these systems, bringing relevant stakeholders along as needed
- Be the champion of user needs, using both qualitative & quantitative data to make quick, high-quality product decisions
- Clearly communicate the strategy, progress, & success of these initiatives to executives & the entire company
- 4+ years of experience building products
- Tech-savvy & technically curious - comfortable in detailed conversations with engineers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques & methods of modern product discovery & product delivery
- Track record of using qualitative & quantitative data to prioritize & drive decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions & debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Open-minded, entrepreneurial, collaborative, & eager to learn & solve hard problems.
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, & creativity
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.