FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates.
FanDuel Group is Headquartered in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & in Scotland youll find us in Edinburgh & Glasgow. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Principal Engineers are part of a community of our most senior engineers focussing on the organisations most complex, ambitious problems. You will take ownership for technical architecture & operational excellence & lead on some of the most important bodies of technical work in the organisation. You will be a core contributor to the organisations north star technical strategy, working with other engineering leaders to drive decisions around programming languages, architecture, products, tools, approches & processes. Free of line management responsibilities you will provide mentorship & guidance to other engineers, acting as a role model & supporting career progression.
Everyone on our team has a big part to play.
- Take ownership of a verticals architecture, aligning the verticals Engineers on a common technical strategy.
- Take ownership of a verticals operational excellence, taking a hands on approach to the resolution of the verticals most complex issues when needed.
- Write simple code, taking complex paradigms & implementing them in a way that Engineers at all levels can understand & contribute to. Insist on high standards for code quality while not letting perfection be the enemy of good.
- Influence the strategy of the teams, helping them understand how to make technical trade-off decisions between short-term business needs & long-term technology needs.
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) & set standards for your vertical.
- Help others leverage your expertise, by coaching & mentoring in your organisation. Contribute to the professional development of Engineers within the vertical, improving their technical knowledge & engineering practices.
- Support our software as part of an on-call rotation
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Expert level experience building & designing highly scalable, fault tolerant & highly available systems.
- Experience influencing technical decisions across 50+ person Engineering verticals.
- Understand a broad range of complex data structures & complex algorithms.
- Expert level understanding of design patterns & architectural principles.
- Experienced in making pragmatic trade-off decisions between short term needs & long-term needs.
- Experienced in many modern programming languages e.g. Java or Python or any Functional/OO programming language.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices through influence.
We treat our team right
- An open & collaborative team who value & respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, were never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & flexible holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental & optical cover & cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online & in-office training & a career ladder that shows the best ways to progress.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme & season ticket commuter loans.
Were very proud of the company we have created & the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance & one that is dedicated to supporting the personal & professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential