We are looking for a contractor to join the team full-time for 3-4 months (late March to July) while one of our team members is on parental leave.
As the Creative Project Manager (Contract), you will be responsible for the management of all creative projects across the business. Key responsibilities include implementing & optimizing project management processes, guiding projects through the briefing & creative process, assisting with resource allocation, scheduling & facilitating reviews, approvals, delivery & tracking budget. The role will collaborate with the Merchandising, Digital Product, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, & Retail teams to coordinate delivery of on-brand creative assets in an efficient & timely manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EVERY DAY
- Day-to-Day Project Management: prepare agendas & lead creative project meetings; take contact notes & ensure follow-through of actions for all Creative Services project meetings.
- Project Briefings: acting as project lead, managing all cross-departmental in-bound project requests for creative services. Collaborating with project stakeholders to define the overall scope, directional notes, & establish project objectives / KPIs
- Design & Copy Management: assign project tasks & manage daily production schedules for the internal design & copy team with a focus on meeting long-lead deadlines & allowing flexibility to meet quick turnarounds. Accurately predict & plan for last-minute projects based on monthly/seasonal business performance trends.
- Manage Project Flows: develop & manage all production schedules, budgets, & timeline projections; identify any issues that could impede successful delivery; and, accurately identify & assess scope changes & their impact to the schedule & budget.
- Project Delivery: oversee on-time delivery, presentation, & approvals/sign off from internal stakeholders for all creative projects.
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations: efficiently manage & communicate flows as relates to the internal project team & external agencies.
- Process Development & Implementation: lead teams in the task of developing & implementing creative project processes & architecture to ensure timely delivery of projects within scope & budget.
- Project Management Assessments: identify opportunities for improved project efficiencies, lead QA process to ensure agreed specifications are met, & post-project reconciliation & analysis of projected vs. actual time/budgets & control of any variances.
- Shoot Production: project management of creative photo/video shoots, including assisting with casting & booking models, photographers, & crew; shoot budgets; coordination of all pre-production preparations (call sheets, shot lists, model releases, etc); & post-production management (coordinating selects, retouching, etc with creative team)
- Creative Contractors & Supplier Management: management of creative freelancers, contractors, & agencies with a focus on sourcing, briefings, proposals & budget quotes, & meeting deliverables - in line with the creative teams direction. In addition, identifying & building relationships with potential new third parties.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Several years of project management experience for an in-house creative studio or agency
- Experience working within various creative disciplines: copy, design, photography, video, packaging, web
- Strong understanding of retail/e-commerce & the ability to assess project priorities based on key business insights
- Exceptional attention to detail, process oriented, organizational skills & project management abilities
- Have a genuine interest in e-commerce marketing & design
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written
- Collaborative with the ability to work across teams, handle requests & feedback from multiple directions. Works well under pressure
WHO YOU ARE
- Collaborative Lets be honest: engineers arent the best marketers & marketers arent the best merchants. Thats why we all work together & prefer people who think as we not I.
- Passionate Despite offering flexible hours & an open vacation policy, people keep showing up early & staying late. Why? We believe in what were building - & have a ton of fun doing it.
- Results-Oriented - Were a data-driven company. Were big on testing, optimizing, & learning from the pastthat applies to everything from the products we make to how we market them.
- Self Starter - While weve grown quickly, were still a small team. That means everyone wears multiple hats, acts like an owner, & believes that no task isnt worth pouring your heart into.
- Tech-Savvy - We sell online. We acquire customers online. We maintain relationships online. And we need people who can navigate the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
- Laid Back - We work hard, but enough about that. Weve also got a fridge full of beer, a kitchen full of snacks, & dont be surprised if you find a nerf dart (or 10) stuck to your computer screen.
- World-class insurance Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy Unlimited vacation & sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary Compensation includes a competitive salary & employee stock options
- Great location Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear Free new product launches & year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks Fully stocked office fridge & pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, & a spread of tasty treats