Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr Technical Program Manager to join our Tech PMO in our New York City location.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
Oscar is a growing, fast-paced organization using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with Product, Engineering, & Business teams to support planning & rollout of our technology products within a fast-moving, rapidly growing technology organization. This specific role will have an added responsibility of leading a team of Technical Program & Project Managers.
You will report to a tech leader in our NYC office.
Were looking for
- A fast learner. Able to grasp complex concepts, is curious by nature & asks questions to quickly understand content areas.
- Comfortable with complex systems. Knows how to analyze & decompose a complex system & how different systems interact.
- Technical experience. Has worked in a tech organization in the past and is comfortable discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers & product managers. Experience working in a technical domain is preferred.
- A strong communicator. Understands what level & form of communication to use to keep your team, stakeholders, & leadership in alignment.
- Very organized. Has project management experience using both waterfall & Agile frameworks & is comfortable with coordinating across multiple teams to build a centralized understanding of the overall efforts status & keep teams on track.
- Detail & process oriented. Identifies opportunities to improve & scale how teams work.
- Collaborative. Loves helping engineers, data scientists, operations experts, & other team members do their best work.
- Open-minded. Is flexible, positive, comfortable with ambiguity, & most importantly willing to jump in & tackle problems.
- Analytical. Knows how to read between the lines, connect the dots, & quickly identify opportunities & risks.
- Independent. Can identify key areas for focus & prioritize work effort on a regular basis while communicating to the Associate Director, Tech PMO.
- A leader. Has led small teams of project or program managers helping to prioritize their work while still maintaining their own independent workload.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Building & maintaining a standard set of tools & processes for teams to track cross-functional dependencies, deliverables, product/feature launches, & KPIs.
- Support the building & implementation of standards in tools like Monday.com & Jira.
- Communicate regularly with technology teams to track progress, surface deadlines for deliverables, understand risks, & facilitate conversations to mitigate these risks.
- Sharing updates on progress, risks, etc. with impacted teams, tech leadership, & counterparts at Oscar.
- Delegating key tasks to PMO team members & supporting their work efforts by helping identify & remove barriers.
- Developing a deep understanding of the product, platform domains, architecture, integrations, stakeholders (including their roles & responsibilities), cross-project dependencies, & timelines.
- Identifying & problem-solving execution hurdles, especially across teams & cross-functional work streams.
- Running retros when deadlines are missed, sharing lessons learned, & collaborating with teams to get back on track.
- Providing feedback on our Agile standards.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.