Away is seeking a Head of Europe to lead all strategy & operations for our European business. Youll be working closely with many cross-functional teams, including marketing (brand, social, influencer, & paid acquisition), operations, UX / digital product, creative, & PR, product development, & merchandising to drive growth in the region. This role reports to the VP, International & will be based in our European HQ in London.
What Youll Do:
- Youll be the voice of our European customer & lead all our strategic initiatives & operations in the region. As each country & region in Europe evolves, youll be able to help contribute significantly how we can adjust our voice & tactics for each as we grow.
- You will own the European roadmap & P&L while partnering with other country / regional heads to achieve our overall international goals
- Youll develop & execute local marketing strategies that adhere to Aways core brand DNA while also understanding how to tweak these strategies accordingly in order to successfully acquire & retain the European customer
- You will partner with cross-functional teams set up the necessary infrastructure for the European business to operate at scale, from CX to warehousing to language translation
- Youll develop strategic partnerships that you identify as the best opportunities for Away.
- You will work cross-functionally with our global team in New York City to scale the European business & partner with those functional leads & the VP, International to determine if / when certain functions should be resourced in a dedicated or local capacity (e.g., CX, marketing, operations, creative, retail, etc.)
- Youll hire & build a high-performing European team as the business scales, ensuring that we have the right people for the right work at the right time
- Youll manage the daily & long term needs of your business. No project is too big or too small to handle.
You Should Have:
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in marketing, operations, strategy, or international expansion, including at least 3 years in a Europe-focused operating role for a consumer brand with cross-functional responsibility
- A deep understanding of how to establish brand awareness from scratch & gain cultural credibility in a new market
- Expertise both e-commerce & physical retail operations
- Experience owning & managing a P&L
- A track record of hiring & developing high-performing teams
- Fluency in German and/or French ideal but not required
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll Love Working At Away Because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!