Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want a product portfolio owner who wants to take on the complexities of cloud monetization & developer experience to create simple, lovable experiences for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, & motivated self-starter to lead the Product focused portion of the IT Portfolio team. In the Agile world, this is the Product Owner role, & requires the coordination of IT & Engineering development necessary for product execution. Reporting to the Sr Director of IT, the Product Owner will build end-to-end monetization experiences for new & existing products as well as our marketplace of partner offerings. You will facilitate a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design & Engineering, Finance, Security, Marketing & customer success to develop new products & capabilities for DigitalOcean.
This role is a great opportunity for those who want to have a real impact, both within the company & in the developer community at large, & support the launch of products that are used & loved by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop the product experience strategy & vision & translate it into creative, high quality, simple experiences for both customers & internal stakeholders.
- Help gather & define requirements for pricing, billing, & financial compliance/controls across the full suite of DigitalOcean products & features.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to ensure requirements & user stories drive an amazing customer experience while meeting our business needs.
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for new products & features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, & prioritizing & grooming the product backlog, as well as supporting sprint planning.
- Facilitate the development of Developer Tools, APIs & UX product strategies & vision & translate them into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
What Well Expect From You:
- Ability to collaborate & lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven business experience & domain knowledge in pricing, billing, & compliance/controls ideally for a set of complex products & services.
- Ability to analyze data & articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, & project the impact of billing & pricing changes.
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, & a vision for how great products & clear pricing can help.
- A track record of success building & managing a portfolio of developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, APIs, CLIs or platforms.
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product & advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers & administrators.
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective & useful product documents.
- Working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, & distributed systems are a plus.
- Demonstrable empathy for customers & stakeholders.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.