Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Looking for an experienced 3D Graphics Programmer to be a key contributor to our team. At Magic Leap, you will have an opportunity to help build & create a rendering pipeline from the ground up & help set the vision for how our graphics should look & feel. You will be responsible for designing, developing & maintaining both high level & low level graphics-related systems. You will also stay on top of new industry trends to develop our next generation graphics engine. We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our User Experience team to make our worlds come to life. You will also work end to end with other systems in the engine such as particleFx, audio, animations & user Api's.
- 7+ years of experience working in the games industry
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Good knowledge of game rendering architectures & OpenGl APIs
- Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, geometry processing & lighting
- Experienced with CPU/GPU optimizations
- Fluent in C/C++
- Console programming experience & shipped a minimum of one AAA title
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out
- Experience with large codebases, & you have the ability to work on code that you didn't write
- Experience with optimizing code & data to improve both memory consumption & execution speed
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Solid C++ knowledge & skills
- Solid 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices & analytic geometry
- Experience or independent work on games or simulations in real-time environments
- C / C++, OpenGl, Vulkan
- Bachelors with formal education in Computer science.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.