TheFork, previously LaFourchette, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company & the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative & fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out! TheFork goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about data & comfortable in an international & agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers & B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use & is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth? You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic & agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career & values sharing.
As a Head of Data Management, your mission will be to drive the quality & value of our data asset to upper levels, ensure its well structured, complete & usable to answer business needs, while also safeguarding security & confidentiality standards. You will also drive data governance efforts across theFork, in accordance with the other managers of the Data team.
You will also manage the Data Management team, currently staffed with one data manager (target size of the team: 3 people in 2022).
Well measure the success of your position through the following outcomes:
- Increase of the overall quality & comprehensiveness of the data asset, measured through its intrinsic quality, maturity, documentation,
- Impact in the company on data management initiatives (process improvement, business challenges answered or solved, )
- Easiness to access & use data through dedicated tools & processes (catalog, glossary, .. )
- Ability to drive change within the organization (inside & outside of the data team) for all matters related to data management
- Proactivity & anticipation of issues
To reach your goals, some examples of your activities will be:
- Create & enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy & legitimacy of data
- Animate a data governance network within the Fork, work with top management to appoint data owners & stewards
- Define & implement efficient & secure procedures for data handling & analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules & procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Regularly monitor & evaluate information & data systems that could affect analytical results
- Guarantee adherence to legal & company regulations
- Ensure databases & archives are protected from security breaches & data losses
- Continually develop data management strategies.
- Develop data quality strategies with data owners Identify & qualify & missing data that could be beneficial to the business, plan for a effective data enrichment
- Troubleshoot data-related problems & authorize maintenance or modifications
Who you are
- Min 8 years of experience as a data manager.
- Excellent understanding of data administration & management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern databases, big data & information system technologies
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- You speak English & French