About the company
Boxed is changing the way the world shops, a tech company innovating in a $10+ trillion industry. We are building & running a world-class e-commerce platform delivering products our clients love in two days or less. We are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
About the job
As a mid level QA Analyst, you will be focused on making sure that our internal & customer facing apps are of the highest standards. The Boxed technology team is continually creating new value on its platform & as part of the QA team, you will help ensure systems perform as designed through diligent documentation & testing. The ideal candidate understands how to test the entire software stack, from front-end to back-end, & exercises great attention to detail. The role is located in our New York city office.
Write test plans, test cases (sometimes without clear requirements), & execute them
Create & track bug reports using JIRA & also communicate issues to engineers & product managers
Partner with product managers / designers / engineers to understand requirements & the overall design & function of various applications
Participate in regular updates & report on testing status to relevant parties
Update various test suites & execute them as needed
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in manual testing of customer facing & internal applications
- Experience testing Web based applications & native apps (iOS & Android)
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Developer Tool, Charles Proxy, Fiddler etc
- Experience in writing complex Test Plans & Test Cases & executing them through JIRA, Zephyr, TestRail etc
- A strong sense of urgency, passion for testing & ability to find good bugs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
- Webservices/API testing
- Ecommerce experience
- Scrum experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits