View All Jobs
Updater is redefining how people move. Our technology processes millions of moves every year & provides applications that allow movers to seamlessly achieve all the tasks needed to move homes. Our lean team of product minded & collaborative engineers ship products that allow movers to accomplish everything from changing their addresses to setting up their utilities.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, youll be helping to build experiences that our users love. If you enjoy building beautiful user focused applications, solving complex routing & state management problems, & shipping well tested code, we need your help!
About the Role
- Collaborate daily with product, design, internal stakeholders, & other engineers to build delightful & functional web experiences that help our users move.
- Ensure the creation of maintainable, extensible applications through solid architecture & infrastructure decisions
- Take responsibility for planning & execution of business-critical products
- Work with the devops & QA teams to own the quality, operations, & performance of your products
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your teammates point of view in order to more effectively collaborate
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Pragmatism: you understand that there is no perfect tech & make practical choices for solving the problem at hand
- Product focused: You understand the goal of software engineering is to ship products & are as concerned about feature performance & usability as code quality
- 5+ Years of Professional Software Development Experience
- 2+ Years of frontend experience building large scale single page web applications
- Highly proficient in CSS, HTML, & Web APIs
- Responsible for integrating third party SDKs within an application
- Demonstrated ability to mentor & develop teammates
- Startup mindset, ownership, & a proper balance of quality & sense of urgency
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.