At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Junior Retoucher to support the post-production department in review, editing, & management of product images being handled by our retouching team within a high volume, fast-paced work environment. This role will require the Junior Retoucher to follow the established standards for ecommerce retouching across all digital product assets for Rent the Runway, including on-figure, on-form, & still-life imagery. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of retouching experience in a fast paced e-commerce and/ or luxury photo studio environment. Additionally, this role requires a strong desire to contribute in a highly collaborative environment & promote the collective output of the retouching team with positivity & a passionate work ethic. Candidates must submit a portfolio along with a resume to be considered & must have demonstrated fashion experience & a passion for the industry.
What Youll Do:
- Retouch On-Figure, On-Form & Still-Life product imagery
- Manage & delegate incoming tasks & requests using web-based project management tools
- Review imagery returned from 3rd Party Retouch vendor & assess any additional required corrections
- Perform Quality Control on daily workloads
- Communicate with other departments to proactively address discrepancies & resolve issues
- Maintain & follow server/DAM asset organization/proper file naming & image protocol
- Prioritize retouching to meet high volume targets & maintain SLAs
- Daily tracking of metrics
- Support Retouching Team & Manager by identifying workflow & efficiency opportunities
- 1-2 years of high volume photo retouching experience with a portfolio focused on beauty & fashion - product, still life, skin & hair
- Bachelors degree in photography or 1+ years of related work experience - previous image coordinator/junior retoucher experience preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Mac OS X, FTP/SFTP, & JIRA.
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Must be well organized, self disciplined & professional
- Must be ambitious, resourceful, flexible & a quick learner
- Must be able to work autonomously & in a team
- Comfortable with fast paced, e-commerce environment
- Previous e-commerce retouching experience considered a plus
- Proven ability to work efficiently & produce a high volume of retouched images
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!