ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms product team helps drive innovation over our growing membership base. We serve as the voice of our Skimmrs through the product development lifecycle & develop, design, & launch products & features that drive growth & engagement.
We work directly with stakeholders throughout the business to understand areas of opportunity, & work cross-functionally to develop products that communicate the strength of our brand while delighting our members with high-quality, low-friction experiences. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, & we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will be supporting theSkimms core products, which includes email, web, & our news app. You will report to our Senior Product Manager of Core Products, & work in partnership with other members on the product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing, & ad sales teams.
- Support end-to-end product development for theSkimms core products (email, web, news app)
- Own a roadmap that delivers on our mission to help millennial women lead smarter lives & Write & communicate product requirements to the appropriate teams
- Partner with design, editorial, & engineering to execute on that roadmap, testing hypotheses & iterating along the way
- Partner with user research & data analytics to understand user pain points & identify opportunities to improve
- Create clear launch goals & success metrics based on user & business objectives, & continuously track towards them
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- At least 3 years experience in product management
- Experience leading the end-to-end product development process - from ideation to launching
- High EQ, both in terms of empathy for the user & your colleagues
- Project management skills & attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills & experience with data-driven decision-making
- Proven experience working directly with engineering teams to ship products
- A collaborative approach: you thrive partnering with cross-functional teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still one of the leading email newsletters on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY