About Walmart.com & Jet.com
Work at a startup & the Fortune 1 Company of the world at the same time:We are transforming eCommerce by combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service. Weve set out to create a new kind of eCommerce.
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers & the environment:You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money & time so that they can live better, & you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people & our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic & fun work culture:Product Managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers & Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, & bring revolutionary ideas to life in an inclusive, flexible & fun work culture. Were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliantly.
About the Fashion Category Specialist role:
Fashion Category Specialistsare at the center of Walmarts eCommerce Fashion organization with the opportunity to be a part of the fashion transformation across our eCommerce sites: Jet.com, Walmart.com, & Shoes.com. Fashion Category Specialists own a focused category & are responsible for driving the success of their assortment, customer experience, & overall business.
Through the Category Specialist 12-week training program, you will be equipped with the tools, infrastructure, & training to own a fashion business from end-to-end across Walmarts eCommerce sites. You will have the opportunity to be based in the New York City area!
Grow through three dimensions:
- Run a fashion eCommerce business from day one; be exposed to retail category management & buying, leverage your communication & analytical skills, & develop into a future leader of the Fashion Organization
- Be trained in all required skills, merchandising & systems by a dedicated team
- Be mentored by experienced Fashion Leaders who will help you succeed
Be part of a Fashion Cohort:You will be part of a Fashion Cohort of best in class peers, growing & learning alongside you from day one.This group will become your community of peers & together you will reshape the Fashion Retail organization!
Develop & assort your category:Work with key industry suppliers & brands to build a strong & profitable fashion assortment.
Build a best in class category shopping experience: Partner with the Site, Editorial, & Marketing teams to bring your assortment to life online & grow your customer base.
Fashion Category Specialist - Principles:
End-to-end ownership of your categorys performance:
You own it:Fashion Category Specialistsare the business owners for a product category. You are responsible for managing the performance across all our sites: Jet.com, Walmart.com, & Shoes.com. Your job is to blend the art with science using your intuition fueled by data/analytics & a passion for helping our customers.
You drive it:You will use world-class interpersonal & persuasion skills as you collaborate with brands & coordinate with cross-functional teams to maximize your fashion categorys assortment & customer experience. Leverage merchandising tools & technology to analyze customer, market, business & financial insights at scale.
As the owner of your fashion category youwill be developed & trained to:
- Identify key trends & brands & pitch new business opportunities to Management
- Leverage competitive shopping, historical analysis, industry insights, & attend market appointments to merchandise & plan your categorys assortment
- Manage & monitor onboarding, item setup, & ordering processes to ensure products are available & ready to sell
- Improve the customers browse & search experience by managing product attributes, optimizing taxonomy, & curating product destinations
- Manage both item & category pages including product description, imagery, ratings & reviews, & content
- Drive to your categorys financial plan, including negotiating costing, building a pricing strategy, & managing inventory to deliver to the top & bottom line
- Partner with the Editorial & Marketing teams to select featured products & stories
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors degree with a strong academic background
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- A strong interest in fashion, trends & merchandising
- Possess a Founders mentality & bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it!
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business & polish the customer experience
- Team-oriented with stellar communication & analytical skills
- Previous fashion internships or work experience
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing fashion organization
- Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Fast learner; absorbing information & experiences & applying them
Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.