Shutterstock is looking for a passionate engineer to join the Editor team (https://shutterstock.com/editor) & help drive the future of this creative platform. You will be working with highly motivated & talented engineers on frontend & backend software with quality, performance, & scale in mind at every step of the way.
Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
- Contribute to all aspects of the application under the teams ownership, including design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, & uptime of the services
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code reviews, pairing, & mentoring
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not
- Collaborate on the vision of the services under the team's ownership
- Build the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, & that provide plenty of insight into production performance
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical & non-technical audiences
- Experience using Node.js to write back-end software
- Experience developing large front-end applications in any language
- Strong knowledge of how the Web works & how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in creating responsive, mobile-friendly websites
- Experience testing code & writing unit tests
- Ability to craft simple & elegant solutions to complex, technical problems
- Solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OOD, & systems architecture)
- Experience programming in at least one OO language
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience using React & Redux in large applications
- Knowledge of the Canvas API & Fabric.js
- Experience using Babel & Webpack to build frontend applications
- Experience using Jenkins & AWS
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with at least one relational database
- Good understanding of continuous delivery & automated testing
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V