THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for physical product planning & delivery throughout the product life cycle across 1-2 squads & areas of product focus. You will be responsible for developing a vision & roadmap for the physical product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research & their own industry insight. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with Culinary, Operations & other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet revenue objectives & are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. Along with counterparts in Marketing & Brand, this individual will identify the key benefits & value of products to help inform marketing plans and/or brand assets.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Define the product strategy, roadmap, & quarterly OKRs for 1-2 squads/areas of product focus
- On assigned areas of product focus, be the recognized expert in the business, the market, & the competition
- Work closely with Consumer Insights to prioritize & define objectives for customer, market, & competitor research
- Develop the business case/sizing for new product launches or improvements & gain internal approval (e.g., in Stage Gate, with FP&A)
- Collect & maintain requirements from all stakeholders across product launches & ongoing product improvements/releases
- Lead the product team/squad to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Develop core positioning & messaging for the product to assist Marketing & Brand (including preparation of Marketing briefs)
- On assigned areas of product focus, define measures of success, analytics requirements & reporting requirements across an end-to-end customer journey
- Develop & update a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue & profit forecast
- Determine appropriate price-point for the product (where/when applicable)
- 7+ years experience in product management role
- Business & financial analysis acumen
- Ability to drive clarity & closure
- Managing stakeholder relationships including clear expectation setting for technical & non-technical teams.
- Ability to communicate accurately & concisely with stakeholders from across the business.
- Comfortable presenting to both large & small groups of people.
- Clearly articulating what you know & understanding a path to know what you dont know.
- Ability to evaluate if a project is scalable, reliable, & maintainable.
- Be comfortable making unpopular decisions for the short term that will benefit the company long term.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.