From ordering delivery to joining a Zoom, Okta securely connects people & technology. With the shift to remote work, the explosion of new cloud apps & infrastructure, & an ever-changing threat landscape, companies rely on Okta more than ever to keep their users & systems safe & productive.
As the Director of Product Marketing for Infrastructure Access, you will have the unique opportunity to lead a major new product area from inception to scale. In this leadership role, youll not only get to introduce new products to market, but help Okta sell to new roles within target customers while establishing new marketing channels.
As the premier subject matter expert on industry themes, competitive forces, & customer needs, youll drive go-to-market strategy, positioning, differentiation, & execution, in close collaboration with product, marketing, & field teams.
Our ideal candidate has technical depth in areas of cloud infrastructure security & operations, with a highly strategic mindset alongside a relentless drive for execution. You will be a hands-on contributor while building out a fresh team as the product portfolio expands.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design differentiated & defensible positioning frameworks for new products
- Research & recommend product strategy for expanding into adjacent markets
- Build highly focused persona profiles & conversation guides for new use cases
- Influence demand generation strategy, including campaign themes & target accounts
- Work with product & marketing teams to launch, price, & package new products & features
- Create comprehensive enablement guides for members of the field & partners to learn how to market & sell new products
- Support the end-to-end customer lifecycle with tailored information & assets
- Engage with customers & provide deal support (e.g., executive briefings, customer & prospect presentations)
- Provide event support - own content & present during key Okta & industry events, both global & regional
- Be a visible thought leader externally & internally through speaking, blogs, & other channels
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 15+ years experience in product marketing
- Strong written & verbal communication & excellent presentation skills
- Experience partnering with leaders & cross-functional teams to drive complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong, team-oriented leadership & collaboration skills
- Ability to independently identify, frame & confront issues & guide through tough decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity & motivated to solve complex problems
- Understanding of software deal dynamics & ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, databases, containers) & privileged access management tools
- Experience marketing to engineering functions, including developer operations & developer security operations roles