WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a QA Engineer to join our expanding Storefront Engineering Team in New York. As a QA engineer, you will help ensure the quality that our 30M+ loyal members demand as we launch new, innovative features powered by our storefront & mobile platforms. Working on the Storefront Engineering team, you will enjoy an agile, fast-paced environment that has a start-up feel but is part of something much larger, impactful, collaborative, & exciting.
Theres no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe. We utilize world-class technology, merchandising, & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand. Luxury at affordable prices with cutting edge technology making it all possible.
In this role you will
- Influence the building of software before its built
- Test all layers of the codebase with a focus on web, mobile, & enterprise software using a variety of manual testing techniques
- Work closely with developers & product managers within a context-driven, agile feature team
- Vet & determine feasibility of new product concepts
- Help to evolve our culture of excellence in test
- Find ways to insert quality into all aspects of the business
YOU'LL WORK WITH:
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various work streams that transform our firms top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, & SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience & drives $1 Billion annual sales & in delighting 35 Million+ members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies & specialized experts in product design & development, data analytics, & customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
- Bachelors Degree desired, but not required.
- 3-5+ Years of relevant experience.
- Experience testing modern mobile apps & websites using tools like Postman, Charles Proxy, etc.
- Pride in ownership of your product & drive to improve its quality
- The ability to speak with the voice of the customer, acting as their representative to your cross-functional team
- Interest in coaching & mentoring peers
- A collaborative spirit working with diverse stakeholders across functions such as Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Merchandising, & Creative
- USA Based.
- Fluency in English.
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment.
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in New York, Chicago, Toronto, & Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Nice to have skills
- Experience in e-commerce
- Familiarity with querying databases
- Ability to analyze member behavior data
- Test automation interest or know-how
Rue Gilt Groupes Technology Department is an integral part of the companys strategy to develop new content & offerings that deliver superior value & sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupes technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data & software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, & ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other