Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As theManager of Performance Test Engineering/Testing Tools, you will oversee a high performing team of Performance Engineers & Tool specialists based in our Highlands Ranch, CO location. This team is accountable to customers throughout all technology lanes within Visa. In addition to the testing services, this team owns, supports & maintains the suite of testing tools used across an even broader swath of technology lanes.
This role involves working closely with Individual Contributors, Managers & Product Partners across multiple geographic locations, platform focuses & technology stacks, ensuring adequate focus, prioritization & delivery. The successful candidate for this position will directly manage the day-to-day, forecasting, planning & execution for a team of Engineers & report to the Director of Core Debit & Performance Engineering based in Highlands Ranch.
- Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach.
- Cultivate, support & promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration & innovation.
- Encourage & empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions & recommendations.
- Actively manage resources in alignment with program/project needs & priorities.
- Mentor & encourage growth for the team in alignment with both their career aspirations as well as the needs of Visa.
- Work closely with peer in Singapore to ensure adequate & appropriate follow-the-sun coverage, backups & coverage.
- Partner with Development, DevOps, Support, Product & PMO to identify & deliver to clear expectations & requirements.
- Monitor tool advancements, assessing benefits, needs & feasibility for adoption.
- Identify & seek new opportunities for growth, expansion, process improvement & benefits to our customers.
- Oversee, mentor & assist Engineers in all aspects of Performance Engineering.
- Clearly communicate both formally & informally project/program status, risk & impact, escalating when/where appropriate.
- Encourage & enable the team to deliver upon their personal development goals, as well as organizational goals set at all levels
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience managing the installation, maintenance & support of testing tools
- Prior experience leading/managing resources across multiple geographic locations
- Implementation of standard processes, tools & metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives
- Ability, desire & motivation to learn quickly & pick up new skills
- 5+ years of experience within Performance Testing/Performance Engineering
- Strong organizational capabilities with high attention to detail
- Proven record of analytical success & strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally & in writing to technical staff, product partners & senior management
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.