BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative & resourceful video producer with experience in food & drink who can help build compelling viral content for Tasty in the UK.
Youll be a native of the digital & pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media, food content, & emerging technology/platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a background in independent video production & an obsession with storytelling & understand how to make food look tasty on camera.
You'll develop, produce, edit & star in editorial video content on a weekly basis, ensuring it is published across as many platforms as possible.
The successful candidate will have experience working with commercial clients, including handling the ideation, creation & project management of branded videos.
- Be responsible for generating engaging & viral food content on a weekly basis that appears across multiple platforms
- Be responsible for ideating, planning, researching, recipe testing, shooting, editing & finishing editorial content
- Appear in videos & be open to helping other teams with shoots, appearing in their videos & other branded campaigns if needed
- Apply video learnings to inspire virality, new formats, & valuable integrations for branded partnerships
- Work within our branded process, including internal feedback & client feedback & revisions, able to juggle multiple projects at once in various stages
- Experiment & reiterate on past successes, & be interested in analysing the results of your work & help inspire others to do the same
- Keep informed on the latest internet trends & social platforms & have the ability to adapt own work accordingly
- Ensure recipes are to a high standard
- Experience working with food & drink with the ability to generate recipes & ideas of all cuisine with ease & understand how to make food look tasty on camera.
- Have a professional understanding linear editing programs such as Premiere Pro & Final Cut & have a rapid editing workflow
- Have a great understanding of DSLR cameras as well as Canon C100/C300s, lenses & beyond, & the ability to use these tools to create premium content
- An efficient editing workflow to ensure projects are cut as efficiently as possible
- Excellent communication skills & an ability to
- The ability to juggle multiple projects seamlessly with strong organisation
- Experience working with commercial clients with the ability to be client-facing
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.