The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to be the ultimate player/coach -- someone who can head up the team & has a big vision, but isnt afraid to roll up their sleeves & execute. This person will play a key role in giving the Yext brand a unique market advantage through clever storytelling content & strategic distribution. But were not talking boilerplate, tried-and-true B2B content that collects dust on a blog; Yext has a strong point of view, & our content should provoke, engage, & educate -- & be front & center with the audiences that matter the most.
In terms of the role, you will head up the content function & be responsible for developing the editorial themes & master calendar, creating a stable of guest writers (inside/outside the company), executive producing the Yext podcast & other marquee content initiatives, writing long-form pieces & catchy copy for advertising campaigns; & serving as the primary content editor to ensure there is high quality & consistency with everything we produce. Reporting into the CMO, you work closely with the integrated marketing, communications, social media, growth marketing, & product marketing, & sales teams on strategic initiatives, partner with the Yext Creative Studio to help reimagine our content experiences, & team up with the data & insights team to ensure that we can make our narratives more persuasive with data. Youll also be a key contributor to brand campaigns (from ideation to execution) & work with the CEO & other key executives.
What Youll Do
- Develop key content themes that have a strong POV & build an accompanying editorial calendar
- Create & execute a guest editorial program incorporating internal & external voices to help diversify & amplify our storytelling
- Concept, write & edit -- a lot!
- Executive produce stand-out content experiences, including the Yext podcast & other creative programs
- Use data & analytics to continually measure the impact of content & optimize content marketing programs across all channels
- Be customer-obsessed & anticipate what they want to know & how to best deliver the message so that they are inclined to take the next action
- Manage a small team of content strategists & collaborate across marketing, sales, & other departments on key initiatives
What You Have
- Bachelors Degree, relevant educational credentials, or similar college level education
- A proven portfolio of content initiatives that has helped moved a company forward
- Impeccable writing & editing skills
- Experience working in tech or a hyper-growth organization
- Excellent people management & development skills
- Interest in working in a highly cross-functional environment
- Understanding of media & how to scale content
- Ability to come up with creative concepts & use humor where/when appropriate
- Low ego
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.