About the company
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Were a vibrant group of thinkers, dreamers & doers that engineer, design, market & execute with a passion for delivering amazing experiences to our customers. Were driven by each other to fulfill our greatest potential & were driven by excellence in everything we touch.
Throughout Covid-19 pandemic, our team has stayed close-knit with daily standups & weekly design check-ins in a remote working environment. Our collaborative process working with other teams has stayed strong during these trying times as we look to be flexible & excel, no matter the situation.
The Senior Product Designer will be part of a core design team that partners with the cross-functional product team to imagine the bulk/wholesale shopping experience, using a human-centric approach.
This role will report directly to the Product Design Lead.
- Have a close & collaborative partnership with the product team to research, concept & design product features that drive impact & reach to our B2C & B2B customers
- Be highly iterative in their design approach with significant experience in testing & experimentation
- Play an integral role in continued UX/UI redesign efforts
- Further evolve & contribute to our UI library, style guide & tool kit
- Create UX wireframes & functional prototypes
- Moderate user interviews & user tests organize & apply those learnings.
- 4-6 years practical experience as a product designer in an eCommerce, consumer-facing, B2B environment, or building SaaS software solutions
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of design & a keen eye for pixel-perfect details
- Have strong communication & collaborative skills especially during this time when we are all working remotely
- A passion for the latest product design patterns, guidelines, best practices & trends
- Expert knowledge of product design tools (we use Figma)
- Experience in human-centered design methods, including user research & analysis, storytelling & storyboarding skills, user testing & prototyping
- Focus on iterative design, experimentation, & data-driven approaches to validate ideas & hypotheses
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, communication & presentation skills
- Degree in design, cognitive science, human computer interaction, fine arts, communications, or equivalent experience
- Extensive mobile app design experience (iOS & android)
- Animation/interaction design capabilities.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.
Company Core Values
- CUSTOMER FIRST - The needs of the customer always come first. Its at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need to make their day a little bit better.
- ACCOUNTABLE - We are accountable to ourselves & to one another. Individual contributions are the foundation of which we build the companys future. The success of the business is entrusted to you.
- INFORMED BY DATA - We use data as a tool to inform our decisions, we arent paralyzed by it. Data, along with sound judgement, allows us to move fast, measure, & iterate.
- RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - If we arent changing, we arent innovating. If we arent innovating, we become obsolete. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm & embrace new ideas & ways of thinking.
- DOING GOOD - We do whats right for people through innovation that goes beyond the bottom line. We use our platform to bring positive change in our corner of the world.