Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights & experiences centered around the needs of real people, & in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity & humilityand have a good bit of fun along the way. Were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to grow our team & impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Matching team owns the largest big data service at LiveRamp that processes petabytes of data per day. To operate & build applications at this scale pushes the limits of distributed computing & allows the team to work on a unique set of problems. The system has to be fault-tolerant, process data in near real-time & still be cost effective.
We are looking for engineers who share a passion for tackling complexity & building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Work collaboratively in a small specialized team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Learn & grow under the mentorship of experts in big data.
- Learn industry best practices from our team processes & development practices.
- Contribute to the architectural design & implementation of our systems & interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, & Kubernetes.
- Improve on our research & experiment platform to optimize the performance & efficiency of our applications.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, & teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our teams production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Matching team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, & conference participation.
- Learn & grow in your role & career.
Your team will:
- Support & mentor you as you grow into your role as big data leader at the company.
- Spearhead & lead the next generation of big data platforms at LiveRamp.
- Improve & scale the matching big data application as load increases.
- Build tools & frameworks for big data platforms to be used internally & externally to LiveRamp & contribute to existing open source platforms.
- Support & guide other teams at LiveRamp as they build out their big data platforms.
- Experience writing & deploying high-quality code.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical & non-technical teammates.
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things & how we can do them better.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Dataproc, & Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Academic or professional research experience
- Academic or professional experience processing big data.
- Worked with industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools & libraries for data processing.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan1:1 match up to 6% of salaryhelps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment & ergonomics programwe help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across nine countries & four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.