Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, & impossibly complicated. Weve brought together a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex & confusing healthcare industry. Oscar is dedicated to offering a simpler & more human health insurance experience & our Virtual PCP & Oscar Center teams are a huge part of how we deliver on that mission.
As part of our mission to change healthcare, Oscar offers members access to free, unlimited telehealth services. We work with a dedicated group of telemedicine doctors who provide virtual services exclusively for Oscar members. Our telemedicine features integrate with our members care management resources to promote seamless care coordination. We also have a brick & mortar clinic, the Oscar Center, where we offer integrated primary care. Together, our telemedicine physicians & Oscar Center make up Oscar Medical Group.
What is the position?
You will be owning the end to end revenue cycle for Oscar Medical Group, from claims submission to claims payment. You will be responsible for timely payroll submissions & payments. You will be responsible for designing & implementing scalable processes that leverage the industry & subject matter expertise of those around you. You will work closely alongside Oscar & Oscar Medical Groups Legal, Compliance, Network, Clinical, & Tech teams to ensure scalability as we grow into new markets & products.
Well expect you to understand complexity, distill it, & explain it in simple, structured terms.
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Working within our EMR, internal tools & platforms to track & optimize the revenue cycle from claim submittal to claim payment.
- Working with Finance & Claims to ensure proper flow of funds from Oscar Insurance to Physician Corporation (PC)
- Ensuring claims & billing are compliant
- Driving new billing system adoption & integration at the Oscar Clinic
Must-have qualities include:
- Independence & scrappy attitude. Youre a problem solver with a get sh*t done mentality. You are able to run with a task or problem without hand holding.
- Organizational & prioritization skills. You know what to prioritize & when. You naturally project manage, hold people accountable, & never let balls drop. You keep people on track to get the most mission-critical things done & keep track of changes in process in a clean, organized manner.
- Collaborative. You love working with lots of different kinds of people & are a relationship builder at heart. You are able to get buy in when changes to processes need to be made.
- A good communicator. You cut through communication & know how to read a room. You present findings in a concise manner, & clearly communicate action items & next steps.
- Analytical. You have the analytical capabilities; to answer your own questions and arent afraid to dig into data to troubleshoot.
- Billing & Coding. An interest in legal & medical coding regulations & guidelines & how they translate to scalable operations.
Above all, be thoughtful, humble, & team-oriented.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- 2-3 years of work experience at Provider Practice or Healthcare Payor.
- Experience with a medical practice revenue cycle (claims submission, claims processing, claims reimbursement) .
- Experience with SQL & Python
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.