Glossier is building its in-house Consumer Insights & research function. This role will report directly to the head of the Consumer Insights function, & presents a rare opportunity to help develop a group that drives critical business decision making.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, & curious Consumer Insights Lead to help translate business goals into tangible, data-driven insights. The team conducts custom quantitative & qualitative research to obtain a nuanced, rich understanding of the market, Glossiers existing customers, & future consumers.
- The vast majority of research is owned, programmed, & analyzed in-house with minimal reliance on outside vendors. The Consumer Insights Lead will be hands-on from research ideation, to reporting & socialization.
- Ad hoc research includes concept & name testing, segmentation, pricing, & trial/usage studies.
- On-going work includes customer post-purchase insights, brand health tracking, & value proposition/messaging validation
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Own the day-to-day management of always on research (i.e. brand health tracking, post-purchase research)
- Take first pass at survey design, questionnaire development, audience & sample plan, & data analysis & reporting
- Will have a seat at the table for cross-functional conversations with internal clients & stakeholders
- This person will also manage syndicated data sources & tools, including syndicated data subscriptions & social listening tools.
- Partner cross-functionally with teams ranging from Product Development & Marketing, New Business, International, & even senior leadership to design
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Own timelines & communication with research stakeholders
- Lead the development & presentation of reports that communicate key insights, action items, & recommendations in a clear, crisp way
- Continued accomplishments from 6 months
The Ideal Candidate
- Is inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, & devoted the the customer
- Has experience translating business objectives into quantitative, qualitative, & multi-stage research plans. Research vendor/agency background strongly preferred.
- Has strong experience in personally managing both the upfront (designing research plans, writing surveys & logic, & designing sampling plan) & backend (analysis plans, weighting, data analysis) of research, rather than passing research of to a vendor. A track record for managing a high volume of quantitative research studies.
- Has the ability to digest multiple research touchpoints & deliver clear, actionable stories for cross-functional partners & teams.
- Has a strategic mindset rooted in a tenacious need to ask ...but why?
- Is independent, adaptable, comfortable working in fast-paced organization, & eager to learn (no job too big, no task too small).
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint. SPSS or SQL experience preferred.
- Experience in self-service research tools (i.e. Qualtrics)