Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As a part of our fast-growing team youll continually innovate & iterate on how to bring best-in-class service to our customers. Youll be on the front lines generating revenue by establishing qualified customers to send on their way to getting a Better mortgage. Unique to this role at Better is that you never cold call or prospect. Our technology generates warm leads (potential customers) that you are responsible for engaging & qualifying to move on in the mortgage process.
Your work will expose you to our full company: including our product, engineering, & marketing orgs. You will have the opportunity to share customer insight, improve Better's core technology & build & grow your own career within Better.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone & interacting with interested prospective customers
- Working with our sales teams to build a pipeline of customers
- Educating customers on what it takes to buy a home & partnering with them to make it happen
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues & achieve their goals
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers
- 0 - 2+ years of experience (with pay & title commensurate with experience)
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically & problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity & work ethic
- Bachelors degree
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you dont get excited about helping people get into & stay in the home of their dreams then this simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.