Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustlesbecome careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelongconnections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. ChangeLives.
Our NYC team is seeking a Business Analyst on the Marketplace Innovation team to support the success of transformative growth initiatives for Meetup. This team identifies, experiments, de-risks & seeks to scale new business models & features that unlock growth for Meetup & maximize our impact on lives. Simply put, you will work on some of the most transformative, innovative initiatives at Meetup.
As the key analytics role on the team, you will be a critical thought partner to our GMs, product managers, designers, & senior leadership team by delivering actionable data insights to help make the most informed decisions possible, despite operating in a high degree of uncertainty.
As part of the broader Business Strategy team, you will also learn from existing business strategists & data scientists focused on building insight & data-informed decision making at Meetup. A strong candidate will have the opportunity to progress & grow into product, growth or data related roles.
This role reports to the Business Strategy Manager on the Marketplace Innovation team & works closely with broader team stakeholders.
- Lead data insights & analyses that inform strategic decisions related to product, design, marketing, & business decisions
- Opportunity-size potential product features & business models; help identify key hypotheses & testing plans; & design & analyze A/B tests to measure impact
- Proactively identify near-term & long-term opportunities for growth, improved user experience, & operating efficiency
- Synthesize data insights into clear, actionable recommendations for key stakeholders
- Help define, analyze, & measure key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build, maintain & present regular reporting to communicate KPIs & usage trends to key stakeholders
- Support ad hoc analytical requests from key stakeholders to guide projects forward
- Manage implementation of data & event tracking in Looker & third parties (GA360) to enable accurate analyses
Skills & qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in analytical roles analytics, insights, growth, marketing, business intelligence, or strategy / operations
- Advanced experience with SQL you have deep comfort writing queries & manipulating large data sets to deliver business insights
- Highly analytical, with ability to analyze, interpret & present complex data in an easy to understand manner to team members at all levels
- Comfort with A/B testing methodologies & post-test analyses
- Familiar with Looker & Google Analytics
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset & get-stuff-done attitude you adapt quickly to new inputs & arent afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & make progress with autonomy, with a strong sense of accountability & ownership
- Inspired by our mission to empower personal growth through real human connection
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together IRL to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?