Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support & growth you need to strengthen & evolve your skills within the consulting field.
Technical Delivery Managers (TDMs) are responsible for two of our most important company objectives: (1) ensure our customers achieve remarkable business results through technology engagements & (2) drive customer growth through technology expertise, trusted advice, relationships, and, most importantly, demonstrated results. TDMs manage & deliver innovative solutions built on the Appian platform for our customers, overseeing all aspects of agile delivery for Appian led engagements, including risk management & impediment removal. TDMs also team closely with front-line sales reps to drive growth in strategic accounts & integrated deals. TDMs engage in all aspects of driving results & growth at strategic accounts, including: project management, account management, relationship building (both customers & partners), financial management, opportunity qualification, problem identification, project/use case definition, demand generation, services positioning, & account strategy. All of these activities are performed in partnership with Appian Sales, Appian Partners, & other members of the Customer Success team, including Customer Success Managers (CSMs).
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience managing a book of business using financial management tools & metrics
- Experiencing leading agile delivery teams & managing enterprise scale technology programs , including collaborating with architects & product designers to design & deliver compelling solutions for customers
- Experience understanding customers strategic goals, positioning technology to meet their goals, developing application roadmaps with customers, & building compelling business cases to understand investments.
- Experience with one or more value selling methods & are exceptional at creating compelling business benefits that can be used in proposals & delivery
- Ability to develop & maintain strategic relationships (stakeholder, buyer, influencer)
- Intellectual curiosity, bias for action, ability to thrive in ambiguity, excellent communication skills
- Industry-experience in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience with software consulting (ideally in a ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI) and/or applied knowledge of enterprise architecture, including data management (Preferred)
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding & Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical & professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, & business & its up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions & guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appians customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually & in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen.
- 5+ years of experience in an agile delivery environment with at least 1 year of experience leading a team
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.