Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens & unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented & passionate principal product manager or product architect who is excited at the opportunity to lead the efforts of identifying the next generation of systems fuelling the growth of our Voice products. This role will be working across carrier relations, programmable Voice & Operations team to identify solutions to provide routing capabilities that match our customers requirements.
Twilio is looking for a Principal product manager who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- 8+ years of product management or product architecture experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Expertise of voice routing, Telecommunication services, CPaaS or UcaaS industry preferred
- The ability to solicit & translate customer requirements from many sources, prioritize, & partner with engineering & design across business units to deliver.
- Strong writing skills, for both product & engineering. You can communicate sophisticated matters concisely & clearly
- Experience in leading cross organization & cross functional products & projects
- Experience working with engineers to deliver software using Agile methodologies & lead solution design with engineering partners.
- Aptitude for working with teams in globally remote offices & syncing with colleagues around the world
- Desire to make an impact & thrive in collaborative, energetic team
- Analytical skills, ability to query complex data sets by using SQL or Looker to make data driven decisions & insights
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
As a Principal Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicating with other product managers across the globe, from product vision to specifications to product performance analysis. Documenting & regularly representing your product & your teams work across business units and upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL & BE AN OWNER: Understand product vision, business needs & industry trends to define product requirements & product architectural solutions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will take large, ill defined, & complex ideas & compose clearly articulated roadmaps. Maintain product roadmap & architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to align on vision & build a roadmap that we can execute.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Develop a clear point of view & influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing & managing the telco connectivity & services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud & Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage & capabilities customers require & operates in a cost-efficient manner. The voice routing initiative enables our Programmable Voice products, a cornerstone of Twilios product offering, by ensuring we can match customers expectations with the capabilities of our extensive list of network service providers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a remote role, anywhere in Europe. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.