Livestream Encoding Engineer
Were seeking a Livestream Encoding Engineer to join our Virtual Meetings Team in New York. The Livestream Encoding Engineer will report directly to the Technical Director.
What Youll Do:
The Livestream Encoding Engineer supports fully virtual meetings from one of Convenes studio locations. In this role you will be operating livestream encoding software to deliver broadcast quality streams for large/complex events, managing live & pre-recorded media, overlaying graphics/lower thirds, & managing video layouts. Organization & attention to detail are required to execute technically challenging & difficult virtual events. Ideal candidates will be accustomed to working in a fast paced, challenging, & demanding environment to develop & build a best in class experience & product for our customers.
- Operate VMix switching/encoding software to generate final program outputs as well presenter/panelist confidence feeds
- Configuration of streaming settings & protocols
- Creation & implementation of lower third graphics
- Management of pre-recorded, live media, & presentations
- Output final program via desired applicable format/protocol & destinations
- Monitoring of audience views ensuring quality meets Convene & client satisfaction
- Fix & troubleshoot any streaming issues
- Oversight of local redundant recordings
- Upkeep & maintenance of all studio hardware & software
- Participate in pre-production meetings with studio team
- Setup & configuration of IP based communications systems
- You possess basic video editing skills
What We Look For:
- 4+ years experience in live streaming, webcasting, or TV broadcast environments
- Versatile, quick learner, team player willing to go above & beyond to support the team
- Deep understanding of audio & video signal flow
- Experience with high profile/large event production
- Proficient with VMix/Wirecast/Livestream, studio switching software
- Have basic understanding of VMIX programming
- Understanding of networking protocols & concepts
- Familiarity with vision mixer, concepts & applications
- Experience with AV production, processes, & equipment
- Understanding of networking concepts & protocols
- Familiarity with NDI utilization & best practices
- Experience with DANTE concepts & best practices
- Strong understanding of streaming protocols such as HLS, RTMP, Web RTC
- Strong personal computing skills including Powerpoint, Keynote, & G suite
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, and read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
To all recruitment agencies: Convene does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or any Convene employees. Convene is not liable to pay fees for any unsolicited resumes received.