Who We Are
WanderJaunt is building the future of hospitality by bringing the consistency, reliability & service of traditional hotels into the short term rental industry. We provide seamless hospitality experiences for our guests & end-to-end property management services for our partners. Our goal to create a world where everyone feels at home.
Our diverse set of teams enables us to support operations for single-family homes, converted shipping containers, multifamily properties, & everything in between. Our Design & Procurement teams express our brand promise & sense of style in each market & unit, & our thoughtful, supportive Customer Care team ensures that every guest is noticed & heard. Behind the scenes, we leverage our Engineering, Product, & Data Science talent to scale our ability to deliver great experiences over & over again.
Your superpower is Design:
You are renowned for your rapid-fire creativity & innovative problem-solving skills. You are detail-oriented & love to organize data, space, & ideas. You make decisions rapidly, enjoy being a producer & part of a collaborative team. You take pride in knowing how to make residential feeling spaces into fun, comfortable, hip environments & finding new & innovative ways to do it. You are self-driven & anxious to learn something new every day. You work well independently, yet as part of a large network of peers & teams. You are on a first-name basis with a tape measure & can draw a floor plan to scale quickly in AutoCAD. You adapt. You use & can learn multiple software platforms including photoshop, excel, & whatever the next one is we need to utilize. You relish the idea of putting accurate specification data into a budget spreadsheet. You love to be productive & see the results of your work. Youre a communicator; verbally & visually & can develop & present ideas. Most importantly, you are looking for a position & a company that will allow you to use your skills & grow with your abilities.
- Permanent position, full-time based in Phoenix, Arizona with potential for remote work, some travel.
- Coordinate with multiple field offices; collaborate with our design team based in Phoenix.
- Assess the field conditions of new properties for potential development into short-term rentals.
- Draw floor plans & photograph new properties.
- Design new units using our branding standards.
- Track new trends, manufacturer product lines, & cross-shop new products.
- Assist with developing new market schemes, researching product metrics, specifications & creating internal presentations & specifications.
- Work with inventory management systems & warehouses.
- Track installation budgets.
- Coordinate installations & walkthroughs with install teams, make site visits as required.
- Coordinate expectations & follow up with photographers.
- Some travel may be required
- BS or BFA, MA or MFA in interior design or design management.
- Attention to detail
- Extremely organized; comfortable multitasking & completing time-sensitive tasks
- Experience in a related position or internship is a plus
- Quick learner & a team player
- Comfortable with Excel, SketchUp, & AutoCAD.
- You pull together - You have excellent communication skills & you love working cross-functionally to solve problems that cut across people, software, process & real-world logistics. You believe theres no such thing as someone elses problem & want to collaborate & problem solve anywhere you can.
- You cut the fluff - You love getting honest feedback, & youre unafraid to voice your opinions even if they might be unpopular. You believe honesty is the best way to an open heart, better performance, and stronger relationships.
- You go full throttle - Youre all about impact & ownership. You act with urgency because youre confident in your convictions, & youre comfortable being uncomfortable.
- You dive deep - Even if youre not exactly sure about something or how to do something, you figure it out! Youll find the root of the issue first & work our way up because understanding the fundamentals is just the beginning of improvement.
Building Inclusive Environments
We strive to create a world where everyone feels at home, whether theyre on the road, at work, or in their local community. We value the input & experiences of people from all walks & stages of life & incorporate this ethos in all we do. By drawing on unique perspectives we can build environments that are safe, comforting, & empowering starting with our own home.